Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Dinner at Abattoir...

Debbie Dusenberry from Curious Sofa posted some
beautiful images of this restaurant last year on her blog.
I simply had to go see this place in person and experience
it for myself. Well — an experience it truly was! What
a perfect marriange of interior design and a distinct
culinary point of view. The space was stunning with
its muted gray palette and overscaled details. Just look
at those amazing caged light fixtures (I know the rescource
by the way). Oh yes, the food was great too!
Housed in an old meat packing plant, this Atlanta restaurant
(Abattoir = Slaughterhouse) focuses on whole animal cuisine.
The industrial farmhouse aesthetic just adds another
moody layer to a truly original dining adventure.
_____
images via catharticflux on flickr

3 comments:

  1. Wow...It's stunnung! Looks like someone stole my design aesthetic. Haha. Glad to hear you had a wonderful, proactive trip.
    Good luck with the re-opening!
    I'm excited for you.
    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, oh why don´t we have places like this in Sweden?! Looks superb to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful place! I especially love the tables. I'm really excited to see what your new shop looks like. It sounds like it will be wonderful. Thanks for coming by FOW too!

    ReplyDelete