Saturday, March 13, 2010

Jeff Bridges...

I watched Crazy Heart last Saturday before
the Oscar telecast and was mesmerized by
Jeff Bridges' total lack of self-consciousness in
the role as Bad Blake. I knew he absolutely
had to win.
_______
After watching Crazy Heart, I started to think
about Jeff's other great performances.
One of my favorites was The Door in the Floor (2004)
co-starring Kim Basinger. Jeff plays a children's book
author in the adaptation of John Irving's A Widow for One Year.
If you haven't seen the film, I highly recommend it.
_______
While watching Bravo's Kel on Earth this week,
I was reminded of another brilliant performance from Jeff.
In one of Kelly Cutrone's offices hung the poster for
American Heart. Although Jeff is always easy on the eyes,
I am not sure he has ever looked more ruggedly
handsome than he did in American Heart's
poster artwork displayed above
(make sure you click on the image to view the larger version).

No comments:

Post a Comment